Saturday 5 February 2011

North America Road Trip

One of my biggest life dreams is to do a road trip across North America, I have visited New York and California but yearn to travel across the country to see the contrast and diversity of the different states.

I remember when flying across the states to California after swapping planes at NY how much Barron land there was, it made me realise for the first time just how huge the country is.
I can recall looking out of the window whilst over Arizona somewhere and seeing nothing but rich bare desert, i then glanced out again around an hour later and what did i see but yet more desert!! We had just been flying over bare unpopulated unbuilt upon land for so long! Its mind blowing!

I know the Australia is an ever more extreme version of land mass Vs population but it doesn't appeal to me in quite the same way that the U.S does. I could be completely wrong here and am happy to be corrected if i am but Australia doesn't appear to have the contrast in cities or areas that America has.

I suppose the Hollywood films exaggerate everything in America so i have this stylised idea about how each state would look and feel, but i want to go and see for myself!

I'm going on a bit here, i did a laughably amateur 'paint'  edit to detail the route i would want to take, yes i use paint, i have zero fancy skills in any advanced edit software. Paint is just fine for me, if not slightly fan dangled.

Anyway, my masterpiece is displayed proudly (embarrassingly) below;

No comments:

Post a Comment