Sunday 13 March 2011

Dreamy Interiors

I bought my first home last october so have been on a neverending love affair with all things interior!

I would sum up my style as 'Shabby Chic' but with splashes of bright lime greens, pinks and muted turquoise.
Rachel Ashwell (Shabby Chic Icon!) is a big inspiration and if I had the money, I would commission her to make over my home.
I love love love pastal colours and am slowly starting to get my apartment looking as I envisioned.

I love lots of higgidly piggidly picture frames, books, boooks, boooks - one day I will have a proper library with a ladder and a huge suede armchair. Oh, and a proper fire!!! I would actually love to have a fire in my bedroom.

To me, home is where the heart is, its my safe haven - if I have a bad day I pull through by focusing on returning home to and locking the door behind me.
Knowing that I can trudge home, shut the door and be enveloped by comfort is something which I never ever take or granted. I have lived in quite a few places in the past 10 years as a result of moving away to Uni in Preston.
I moved from Salford to Manchester City Centre or Uni, then to Preston (when I realised that Philosophy was tough!) where I lived in 2 different places, following Uni and with no job, I moved in with my Sister in Lancaster. I then made the long awaited journey back to my hometown Manchester City Centre and rented a gorgeous place in Castlefield. From Castlefield I ventured out to hip Chorlton (loved Chorlton, hated the house!) then back to Salford and no - finally I am settled!

I thought I would indulge myself and post some Interior themes/ideas I love!



Adore the colour scheme above, Its actually fairly similar to my living room only mine isn't quite as stylish - yet!


I love this idea of mixing lots of random picture frames. It is almost a work of art in itself.
I also love the wood floor, very homely, which is difficult to get from a hard wood floor.


I really like the idea of draping jewelery and basically making art out of it as opposed to hiding it all away in a jewelery box.
We like jewelery because its beautiful so why not display it!


I am so into the colour and design of this table - WANT!



I am loving the style of this little French table. This quirky style reminds me of the walking bath tub in Nightmare before Christmas' by Tim Burton - I could almost imagine this table walking off with its little bendy legs.  Its got so much character for me and is also very feminine and aesthetically pretty.


I adore this kitchen - I love the contrast between the stylish chandelier and then the rather shabby looking table. Shabby Chic personified.

No comments:

Post a Comment